Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aurora
Helper V
Helper V

Can't update SharePoint column with Value from other SharePoint site

Hi all, 

I have an app that sends data to SharePoint. I have replaced the items of 2 comboboxes with lists of choices from another SharePoint list, but currently can only get one of the comboboxes to send its result to the SharePoint list that saves the data. The items are: 

DataCardValue13: Sort(Distinct('Engineering-Request Tests', Machine), Descending) 

DataCardValue12: Filter('Engineering-Request Tests', Machine = DataCardValue13.Selected.Result)

My update fields contain: 

For DataCardValue13: {Value:DataCardValue13.Selected.Result}

For DataCardValue12: {Value:DataCardValue12.Selected.Results}

The values from DataCardValue13 are properly sent to my SharePoint site, but so far I am unable to grab the value from DataCardValue12. Below is the list I am grabbing the data from, Title is related to DataCardValue12.

Aurora_0-1644941006622.png

Does anyone know if I need a different formula or solution to send the values to the proper place? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@WiZey 

The ComboBox was already set to only allow one selection. I do believe I got it to work now by changing the DataCardValue Update field to: {Value:DataCardValue12.Selected.Title}

The combobox grabs the "name" of each test that is run on each machine, so it only needed to grab a string of text for a name.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WiZey
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello @Aurora ,

Could you be more specific about the type of data you are trying to put inside DataCardValue12 ? 

If I'm not mistaken, you're trying to put a "Table" as a value inside your SharePoint list, and I'm not sure that is a good approach. 

If you wish to link multiple values to your row, you probably should create a "child" list to refer to the "mother" list. 

But if you're actually trying to insert a "string" value, then you should configure your combobox control and disable the "multiple selection" toggle. That way you will put only one selected item to your value instead of a table of selected items.

@WiZey 

The ComboBox was already set to only allow one selection. I do believe I got it to work now by changing the DataCardValue Update field to: {Value:DataCardValue12.Selected.Title}

The combobox grabs the "name" of each test that is run on each machine, so it only needed to grab a string of text for a name.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,389)