cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TBattles-1
Frequent Visitor

Can't update component library

I'm getting an error when trying to update components from a component library in a canvas happen.

Any solution for this?

TBattles-1_0-1599606043980.png

10 REPLIES 10
rimatos
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @TBattles-1 ,

What action are you doing to update the component on your end? I'm only able to see in the screenshot that you have an error in opening a certain file could you elaborate a little bit further on this?

Regards,

Ricardo

I made updates to my component library. I then switched back to my canvas app to update those components. So when it said you have updates from your component library I hit "Review" which then allowed me to hit "Update". But after hitting "Update" is when I get the error. 

It could be related with some alteration you performed on the Component. Did you remove any functionality from the component that was being used in the PowerApp at the moment?

I don't believe I removed any functionality.

I tried restoring an old version of the Component Library as well as the canvas app with no luck. 

I didn't have any issues until PowerApps version 3.20083.24.

In that case I would suggest you to raise a support ticket to Microsoft Support through https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support so this behavior can be investigated in more depth on our end.

Regards,

Ricardo

I am having the same issue attempting to update components in all my PowerApps as well. This issue is very recent for me as well. I suspect it has something to do with changes to the recent Power Apps version.

@TBattles-1, could you keep us posted on a resolution to this issue if you find one?

I finally found a solution to this yesterday. 

What I had to do was remove all my data sources/connections from my powerapp and then it let me update my components. I was then able to add the data sources/connections back to my PowerApp.

It's kind of a pain to remove and add back all the data sources, but it works. I suspect this was caused by a recent PowerApps update.

@TBattles-1, thanks for the info. Do you know if removing a Data Source breaks all the references to it? Were you able to remove and add them back without much re-writing? I shudder to think about doing this to some of our larger apps.

Removing the data source does break all references to it, but as soon as you add them back the errors should go away. I did not have to fix any of my references. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,201)