cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrevorSDG
Regular Visitor

Can't update field with value of calculated text label

I have a fairly simple form that has a field to enter a user's e-mail (which functions for us as a "Property" such as "this hotel@mycompany.com") and from there it populates the label of another datacard  (OSM) with that user's manager's e-mail so it doesn't have to be looked-up or entered manually. The formula to get the managers's e-mail is

Default = Office365Users.Manager(Property_val.Selected.Email).Mail

and it works great. However, I can't get the update to take the value and update the SP list item with

OSM_txt.Text

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TrevorSDG ,

Could you please share a bit more about the "OSM" field in your SP List? Is it a Text type column or a Person type column?

1. If the "OSM" field is a Text type column in your SP List:

Please consider set the Update property of the OSM Data card in your Edit form to following formula directly:

Office365Users.Manager(Property_val.Selected.Email).Mail

2. If the "OSM" field is a Person type column in your SP List:

Please consider set the Update property of the OSM Data card in your Edit form to following:

{
  Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(Office365Users.Manager(Property_val.Selected.Email).Mail),
  DisplayName: Office365Users.Manager(Property_val.Selected.Email).DisplayName,
  Email: Office365Users.Manager(Property_val.Selected.Email).Mail,
  Department: "",
  JobTitle: "", 
  Picture: ""
}

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Community Champion
Community Champion

@TrevorSDG 

A few questions for you good sir!

What data type is the column OSM in SharePoint?

• This should be a single line text field. 
  • It should not be a People field

What code have you used in the Update property of the Card?

• I assume you are referencing the blurred out label called OSM_txt
  • Put this code in the Update property of the Card

OSM_txt.Text

What if your SharePoint field must be a People field?

{  
    '@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedUser",  
    Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(Office365Users.Manager(Property_val.Selected.Email).mail), 
    DisplayName: Office365Users.Manager(Property_val.Selected.Email).displayName,  
    Email: Office365Users.Manager(Property_val.Selected.Email).mail
}

Please try these initial suggestions.  If it does not work please take a screenshot with the left panel showing and highlighting the label.  Make sure the Update property is showing in the screenshot.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a"Thumbs Up."

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TrevorSDG ,

Could you please share a bit more about the "OSM" field in your SP List? Is it a Text type column or a Person type column?

1. If the "OSM" field is a Text type column in your SP List:

Please consider set the Update property of the OSM Data card in your Edit form to following formula directly:

Office365Users.Manager(Property_val.Selected.Email).Mail

2. If the "OSM" field is a Person type column in your SP List:

Please consider set the Update property of the OSM Data card in your Edit form to following:

{
  Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(Office365Users.Manager(Property_val.Selected.Email).Mail),
  DisplayName: Office365Users.Manager(Property_val.Selected.Email).DisplayName,
  Email: Office365Users.Manager(Property_val.Selected.Email).Mail,
  Department: "",
  JobTitle: "", 
  Picture: ""
}

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thought I included the sp column types but missed it. Because the requirement was for it to be of type "people", I tried your line of code for updating the  "people" field in and it worked perfectly.

Helpful resources

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,224)