cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madumi
Advocate II
Advocate II

Can the Office365Outlook connector access a different user's account

I am currently using the Office365Outlook connector in PowerApps, to enter/edit Calendar records. Currently, the calendar belongs to User1. When I share the PowerApp with User2 and User2 logs in, is there a way to have the Office365Outlook connector edit the calendar belonging to User1, i.e. using User1's credentials?

thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
yuxi666
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi  @Madumi 

If you want to allow those with whom you're sharing the app to edit and share it (in addition to running it), select the Co-owner check box.

You can't grant Co-owner permission to a security group if you created the app from within a solution.

More information please reference:share-app 

Best Regards.

yuxi

thx @yuxi666 

Let me try to clarify, I'm not exactly asking about sharing the app.

I (User 1) have already shared the app successfully with User 2.

User1 has a calendar, which the app is designed to modify, and this calendar is also shared with User2.

What I am trying to determine is how the app can add/edit/delete Calendar entries (belonging to User1, shared with User2), not only when User1 is logged in & using the app, but also when User2 is logged in and uses the app.

Can an app edit calendar records which belong to User1 (and are shared with User2), while User2 is logged in & uses the app?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,466)