cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Can two BrowseGalleries share the same DetailScreen?

Hi,

I have built a PowerApp app with its auto-build capability, there are three screens created; a BrowseScreen1 with BrowseGallery1, DetailScreen1, and EditScreen1. The BrowseScreen1 has a search box that can perform the search of one field.

I want to build one more search box to search additional field, therefore I built a 2nd "BrowseScreen2" which has BrowseGallery2 similar to how PowerApps built the first one. The 2nd one worked in that I can search the field I want and have the results listed just like the first BrowseScreen1 does.

Here is the problem I have now; I would like the DetailScreen1 to list the details of the records I have in BrowseScreen2. I am unable to do this. In the Item section of the DetailScreen1, it has the definition of “BrowseGallery1.Selected”. This tells me that the DetailScreen1 is tied to BrowseGallery1 only.  I don’t understand why a details displaying screen will be tied to a particular source screen, wouldn’t it be better that this screen accepts the parameters passed from the source and display the results accordingly?

Can someone help me on this? Do I have to build a DetailScreen and EditScreen for each search box (with BrowseGallery to list the data)? This would be repeated work and bad design.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mzhang,

It is recommended to read the following article first:

Understand data forms in Microsoft PowerApps

Under the Detail screen, there is DisplayForm control to hold the data.

Actually it has two important property:

DataSource

Item

Here the Data Source means the table resource, and the item is one of the record from the table.

Form control is used to display single record information, and as you noticed, the item property is configrued with Gallery.selected.

Which means Gallery.Selected returns a single record from the table configrued with the Gallery.

Things you should know is that, the Data Source property of the Form control would be reset when switching data sources.

As the field card would also change.

There is a thread talking about a similar situation, you may also take a look as a reference:

Auto generate app with multiple SharePoint Lists

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mzhang,

It is recommended to read the following article first:

Understand data forms in Microsoft PowerApps

Under the Detail screen, there is DisplayForm control to hold the data.

Actually it has two important property:

DataSource

Item

Here the Data Source means the table resource, and the item is one of the record from the table.

Form control is used to display single record information, and as you noticed, the item property is configrued with Gallery.selected.

Which means Gallery.Selected returns a single record from the table configrued with the Gallery.

Things you should know is that, the Data Source property of the Form control would be reset when switching data sources.

As the field card would also change.

There is a thread talking about a similar situation, you may also take a look as a reference:

Auto generate app with multiple SharePoint Lists

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (54,208)