cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnjohn123
Super User
Super User

Can we build a Power Apps to show the login user personal outlook calendar inside a SharePoint modern page

Inside our communication site home page >> we want to show the login user personnel calendar (the calendar from the login user outlook). So is this possible using Power Apps?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@johnjohn123, yeah PowerApps provides an out of the box calendar that connects to Outlook and pulls in the events for the Calendar that is selected from the dropdown. I have attached a picture below which shows where to select the calendar. and another that shows what it looks like in use. The only connector you may need to add is the Office365Outlook connector as shown in the last picture below.

One_0-1652805567874.pngOne_1-1652805711481.png

One_2-1652805824165.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
One
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @johnjohn123 ,

I am having trouble understanding your issue. are you trying to display the users outlook calendar in a SharePoint List Calendar? or are you trying to display the outlook calendar in a PowerApp?

johnjohn123
Super User
Super User

@One i want to build a power apps which show events from the user's outlook calendar .. so i do not want to store anything inside SharePoint, the Power Apps should dynamically get the events of the login user and show them in Canvas or whatever component >> then i can embed the Power apps inside SharePoint.. is this achievable ?

One
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@johnjohn123 ,

Yes it is doable, how do you want to display the outlook events? do you want them to just be displayed in a gallery? or were you looking to build a calendar in the powerapp to visualize the events?

if you want to display it as a calendar I would suggest using PowerApps built in calendar screen which defaults to the users outlook calendar. I have also linked an article that might help you here

johnjohn123
Super User
Super User

@One if Power Apps can provides a calendar view then this will be 100% of what i need.. can you explore more please? how i will be getting the user's events, is there a connector for this?

One
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@johnjohn123, yeah PowerApps provides an out of the box calendar that connects to Outlook and pulls in the events for the Calendar that is selected from the dropdown. I have attached a picture below which shows where to select the calendar. and another that shows what it looks like in use. The only connector you may need to add is the Office365Outlook connector as shown in the last picture below.

One_0-1652805567874.pngOne_1-1652805711481.png

One_2-1652805824165.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,402)