cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnjohn123
Super User
Super User

Can we generate a QR code from SharePoint fields and save it as image attached to the list item

We have a SharePoint custom list which contain those fields:-

1) ID

2) Title

3) ProductName

now we want to build a QR code image from the above field such as

ID-Title-ProductName

and store the image as an attachment inside the list item. so can we do this using a power app button control inside our canvas app?

3 REPLIES 3
cpadilla
Helper II
Helper II

Totally possible,

You just need this API from google https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=300x300&chl= + <add your text here>

Take this post as a reference QR Code generator - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

You could even do it automatically via a flow, just call the URL replacing the variables, saving it in the list, no need for a canvas app, unless you need to manage this row per row

hope this helps

johnjohn123
Super User
Super User

@cpadilla  i know i can do it using Power Automate Flow, my question is if i can do it inside Power Apps. And i need a canvas app because users will be searching for the items inside the canvas app and click to generate the QR code..

Second question.. as i know we can not make external api calls inside power apps so how i will be calling this API https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=300x300&chl= ?

Thanks

cpadilla
Helper II
Helper II

Sorry for the delay, so Google API will be used as the Image source (in an image control), the URL returns the QR image, like this:

cpadilla_0-1665701590355.png

however if you want to save it, you will need a flow, e.g. using OneDrive connector

let me know if this helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,219)