cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mehardikdave
Frequent Visitor

Can we repeat Gallery based on the number of records

Hi Team,

@CarlosFigueira: I read a few of your post so thought to tag you.

I have reached a level that I was supposed to and just a few steps to complete it. I need your expert advice here. Below are my queries.

1) The red box highlighted box is a Gallery with static numbers. How can I repeat this gallery for each of the record(s) that we have per row?

2) The labels with the name of months, is also a Gallery. Is it possible somehow to repeat it. That data is GroupBy on two field(s) ADO Engineering and Discovery.

mehardikdave_0-1613032460077.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@mehardikdave ,

Yes, that correct you need to have 12 more labels in your gallery one for each month, but I don't understand why do you need 12 extra columns in your data source. You  have the start date and the end date and should be enough.

Please check my example again ...

View solution in original post

@gabibalaban Kudos to you. It was the perfect solution. 

Many Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @mehardikdave ,

Please check carrefully my proposal ...

Hope it helps !

Hi @gabibalaban 

Apologize for the late reply.

I really appreciate your detailed explanation which helped me to move much further.

Can I please have a bit more help here? 

I wanted to show some kind of timelines that a particular activity shall span for a particular month, I somehow managed to make it static as below using the Sequence() function within a Gallery. But this is static, so not useful.

mehardikdave_1-1613285817996.png

To achieve the above scenario I tried to place a gallery(Timelines_Gallery) within a gallery(Template_Data_Gallery in this case), but the platform does not allow to do so. The new gallery gets created at the parent level (within the Parent_Gallery)In the below image, Template_Data_Gallery is the one that displays the data from the data source.

mehardikdave_2-1613285984466.png

If somehow I am able to do it, then I shall be in a position to showcase the timelines of each activity at runtime.

mehardikdave_0-1613285248031.png

Appreciate your help.

@mehardikdave ,

I don’t think that you need a supplementary gallery to achieve you scope. Preferably is to use the visible property of the month labels to be shown/hidden based on the value versus the start date and end date.

month(thisitem.start date)>=value(label...)

@gabibalaban 

Well, in that case, I need to have 12 extra columns in my table that represent a month, and on the form, I need to place 12 labels, and then it goes ahead. To be honest, I am not that excited about this approach.

Please let me know if you can give me some other options.

@mehardikdave ,

Yes, that correct you need to have 12 more labels in your gallery one for each month, but I don't understand why do you need 12 extra columns in your data source. You  have the start date and the end date and should be enough.

Please check my example again ...

@gabibalaban Kudos to you. It was the perfect solution. 

Many Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,242)