cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbn_nue
Resolver II
Resolver II

Can we use Azure application insights to capture all errors in canvas app?

Hi Folks,

I was going through this blog post regarding connecting power apps and azure application insights. I'm clear with the basic procedure of using the instrumentation to make the connection. My concern is does it log all unhandled errors in the connected canvas app without any further action from our end?

Or should we have to use trace everywhere we would like to log error? Also how can we differentiate data from power apps to that from other services if we just have the one insights workspace for all services?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rbn_nue
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @ddevine , thank you for the suggestion. 

Traces are good enough for me as long as it is logged. I was able to use trace function in App.error property to sent any unhandled exceptions to Azure. Also added the azure insights instrumentation key to the app. 

Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc4mE_4U7lI&t=167s

Thank you. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ddevine
Microsoft
Microsoft

Traces seems to be the only table you can write to natively. In fact, even when enabling the experimental feature for logging Unhanded exceptions it documented they are also logged to Traces.

rbn_nue
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @ddevine , thank you for the suggestion. 

Traces are good enough for me as long as it is logged. I was able to use trace function in App.error property to sent any unhandled exceptions to Azure. Also added the azure insights instrumentation key to the app. 

Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc4mE_4U7lI&t=167s

Thank you. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,360)