cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enlitzinger
Helper II
Helper II

Can you Filter Gallery by Detail Form DataCardValues

Using the PowerApps default option within Sharepoint Online. 

Backstory:

• Leveraging Sharepoint Online, I have created Site Level Columns that 3 lists will be using as Lookup Values. 
  • List 1 is a submission list, where the user submits general information (category) about a Project.  The values submitted are lookups to the various Site Level Columns, and the user can submit multiple selections related to each category for a single project.
  • List 2 & 3 are results lists.  List 2 contains information for Project Resources, related to how their expertise matches to those Site Level Columns (categories).  List 3 contains information for Project Considerations, related to how considerations and parameters match to those Site Level Column (categories).  

Scenario: I'm building an app off of the Submission List, starting it from the 'Create an App' option from the PowerApps drop down.  The standard functionality is exactly what I want, but is lacking pieces I need to build out.  Once a Project is submitted (which can contains multiple selections within each category (or column), I want the app to go to a screen that uses a Gallery to filter results from List 2 - based on List 1 submission criteria.  I know how to navigate between screens, but cannot figure out how to get a gallery to be filtered from the datacard values within the standard DetailForm1 that the App provides.  Once I can get this to work I'll then need to create an additional screen to filter results from List 3 - based on List 1 submission criteria.

I've watched several youtube tutorials and have browsed this forum seeking insight to no avail.  Any assistance or insight is greatly appreciated.  Regrettably I am on a company computer and cannot attach screen shots.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @enlitzinger ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please share a screenshot about the data card value in your DetailForm?

Do you add one LookUp Type column within each of your three SP Lists? Do you relate the List 1 and List2 based on the LookUp Type columns (Categories)?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think you need to filter your Gallery Items based on the Categories LookUp column (enable "Allow Multiple Options").

The Categories LookUp column would be decorated as ComboBox within your DetailForm1, if you want to get the values (selected options) from the Categories ComboBox, you should type the following formula:

Concat(DataCardValue3.SelectedItems, Value & ";")

2.JPG

On your side, you may need to use the following formula:

Concat(CategoriesComboBox.SelectedItems, Value & ";") // Replace the CategoriesComboBox with actual control name within your DetailForm1

Then go to the Gallery screen where you want to list your List2 records, set the Items property of the Gallery to following:

Filter(
       'List 2',
        CategoryColumn.Value in Concat(CategoriesComboBox.SelectedItems, Value & ";")
)

Note: I assume that CategoryColumn in your List 2 is LookUp column, which only support single value option. In other words, one Product Resource record only match single one category value in your SP List2.

If the CategoryColumn in your SP List2 is also a LookUp type column, which enable "Allow Multiple Options", please consider modify above Filter formula as below:

Filter(
       'List 2',
        Concat(CategoryColumn, Value & ";") in Concat(CategoriesComboBox.SelectedItems, Value & ";")
)

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @enlitzinger ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please share a screenshot about the data card value in your DetailForm?

Do you add one LookUp Type column within each of your three SP Lists? Do you relate the List 1 and List2 based on the LookUp Type columns (Categories)?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think you need to filter your Gallery Items based on the Categories LookUp column (enable "Allow Multiple Options").

The Categories LookUp column would be decorated as ComboBox within your DetailForm1, if you want to get the values (selected options) from the Categories ComboBox, you should type the following formula:

Concat(DataCardValue3.SelectedItems, Value & ";")

2.JPG

On your side, you may need to use the following formula:

Concat(CategoriesComboBox.SelectedItems, Value & ";") // Replace the CategoriesComboBox with actual control name within your DetailForm1

Then go to the Gallery screen where you want to list your List2 records, set the Items property of the Gallery to following:

Filter(
       'List 2',
        CategoryColumn.Value in Concat(CategoriesComboBox.SelectedItems, Value & ";")
)

Note: I assume that CategoryColumn in your List 2 is LookUp column, which only support single value option. In other words, one Product Resource record only match single one category value in your SP List2.

If the CategoryColumn in your SP List2 is also a LookUp type column, which enable "Allow Multiple Options", please consider modify above Filter formula as below:

Filter(
       'List 2',
        Concat(CategoryColumn, Value & ";") in Concat(CategoriesComboBox.SelectedItems, Value & ";")
)

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xida-msft  yes, works great!  I'll accept as solution.  But, curious how I would write the formula if there are 3 search categories all with multi select options.  I assume I would need to add in an AND feature somewhere...but there could also be the possibility that only 2 categories would be submitted, thus category 3 would be blank.   Could you provide a snippet of how that may look or am I just getting crazy with what I;m thinking? 

All 3 categories from the submission list are multi-select, and I'd like the Gallery 2 results to filter based on all 3 category multi-selected values.   

@v-xida-msft are you able to assist with the additional bit of insight?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,176)