Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sahara22
Post Patron
Post Patron

Can you access Excel file that's stored sharepoint site

Hello,

I have datesource excel sheet that employees need access to to use the power apps I made. If I were to put this excel sheet on a sharepoint site under documents, if there away I can access the table of that excel sheet? I have tried to add it as a connector but just adds as "documents only"

Any help would be great. Thank you! 

23 REPLIES 23
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

You won't need to create a new list. Basic workflow is. 

Check For Email > Get Data From Email> Get All Items Currently on List > Delete All Items > Create New Items > Done

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

But wouldn't it just add to the list and not delete old items? 

Sahara22
Post Patron
Post Patron

opps I didn't see that last part you wrote, I will try that 

TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

No, because in my workflow I showed you there is a delete all items step. You just use the foreach action to delete all items that the previous get items action obtained, which clears your splist

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Hint: PowerAutomate by default just grabs top 100 items so change 

TheRobRush_0-1654195230222.png

top count to 2000, underneath advanced options

Ok and last question, if the excel that gets sent in a email is not in table, would this still work? or would I have to make it into a table then do this? 

TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Honestly have not touched excel in years so I am just guessing, but i THINK you need to have it generate a table. Where is this data originating from

Email attachment. Its a excel sheet but not table formatted. 

TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

yah i got the email part, but who or what is generating the file to attach to the email

Sahara22
Post Patron
Post Patron

Sorry and for the flow you suggested : 

Check For Email > Get Data From Email (get attachments ?) > Get All Items Currently on List > Delete All Items (is there a condition to just delete? > Create New Items > Done

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,542)