Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sahara22
Post Patron
Post Patron

Can you access Excel file that's stored sharepoint site

Hello,

I have datesource excel sheet that employees need access to to use the power apps I made. If I were to put this excel sheet on a sharepoint site under documents, if there away I can access the table of that excel sheet? I have tried to add it as a connector but just adds as "documents only"

Any help would be great. Thank you! 

23 REPLIES 23
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

No delete is just add a step,

select for each and in items put the /value/ in box that pops up from the get items step

then in that for each put a delete items sharepoint. and then put the item

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!
timl
Super User
Super User

@Sahara22 - hopefully, @TheRobRush's excellent advice here has provided the solution. I agree that a SharePoint list is the best approach here.

Sahara22
Post Patron
Post Patron

I've done that but takes about 8 -10 minutes to update, but. I agree, better then an excel. The only issue I'm facing is the employee start and finish times won't go to the Sharepoint list, I believe its because its a number. Not sure how to convert that 

TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Yes excel does not actually understand time. Everything to it is a number, just another reason to stop using Excel long term.

I never have to do it myself, because I have moved away from excel, BUT I found this for you, take a look at this flow and it can show you the concept behind converting Excels values into true date time values

Solved: convert excel serial time format to regular date t... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,531)