cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanTambling
Helper IV
Helper IV

Can you create a brand new Sharepoint Online Document Set with a Flow/PowerAutomate from PowerApps?

This forum may not be exactly the place to ask this, but thought I'd start here. I have an app built that lets you view demographic information on companies. As of yet, I'm not allowed to add a new company to the database from the PowerApp, nor am I allowed to edit that data. In the future I hope to be able to let the users of the app add new companies to the database and edit the info when needed. Our current procedure for adding a new company to the database is to use an infopath form for both adding and editing a company, and as soon as a company is created the person inputting the data is to create a new document set in Sharepoint Online using copy/paste of the company name so that all of the created documents and any emails can all be stored in one location for that company. 

The issue holding me up from adding the add/edit functionality to the app is creating the Sharepoint Document Set from the SUBMIT button. Is there a way that Flow/PowerAutomate create the Document Set?

Idea's appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
EricLott
Super User
Super User

I can't find any way to create a new document set or library for SP Online programmatically either through Flow or even using Graph. Maybe something you could submit to Flow Ideas if it isn't already.

I did as you suggested. Please feel free to jump on the band wagon 🙂

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/PowerAutomate-the-creation-of-new-Document-...

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SeanTambling ,

Do you want to create a SP Online Documet Set using PowerApps or Power Automate?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that both PowerApps or MS Flow could not achieve your needs. I have voted the idea that you posted.

If there is other workaround to achieve your needs, I would also reply here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xida-msft 

Yes Kris,

It could be a real time saver and help to have the creation of a new Document Set in Sharepoint Online be automated from a PowerApps trigger using a PowerAutomate workflow. I hope others think this is a great idea and see how useful it could be. Everyone pile on and lets get Microsoft to add this functionality!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (88,394)