cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you create a button that creates an auto-generated order number?

Doing some light research for my company on PowerApps - 

We are a custom manufacturer - on our items we generate "Design #s". These are an auto-generated.

Does PowerApps have the capability to create an "auto" button that generates a random number? 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, I am not sure exactly what you want, but:

1) If you want to generate a random number then use the Rand() function, and this can be associated to an action in PowerApps

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-rand/

2) If you need to generate a new unique ID for a new record in a database, then that is the job of the database and not PowerApps

Please let me know if you need more specific guidance

Anonymous
Not applicable

@heathernicoale

I was able to use the following site to generate unique PowerApps IDs, You can generate up to 50 at a time of random letters and numbers combinations and you can decide how many characters to use. I found it very useful as I had to create a table containing about 350 records. 

I hope this helps:

http://passwordsgenerator.net/plus/

PsssGen.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,565)