cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Can you organise the apps list on mobile devices?

Hi All,

This is more a question for the future really, but as I create more apps the list on the mobile device gets ever longer and I can foresee a day when this will be annoying if the app you want is called "Zee list" or isn't accessed often.

Is there anyway to add folders or similar to the list to organise apps into categories? I imagine not as I can't find anything about this subject online. I realise you can control who see what apps via sharing, but most of the apps will be usable by all staff, and if I ever finish this project there could be around thirty or more forms.

One thought I had was of creating separate apps to then reference the others. i.e. A 'Daily Forms' app and a 'Reporting Forms' apps that would just have menus that then linked to the other apps and then 'pin' these to the home screen or make 'Favorites'. However, users would still be able to see all the apps in their list.

Just wondered if there was any other way of doing this?

Kev

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Re: Can you organise the apps list on mobile devices?

There is no option for folders at this point in the App. Each user has the option to Pin specific Apps to their Home screen or add them to a favorites list.  They can also sort the list of Apps based on Name, Modified date, or Opened (last used) date. But these are all settings administered by the user.  I don't know of any way that you can impose your own ordering as an admin for all users.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KevinHardy ,

You raise me an idea, you can create a APP Directory application to manage and launch all Apps.

PowerAppsforAppMakers Connector can get all Apps, including all properties. The Directory App provides some sort, search and even folder functions, and use Launch function to link to the any other apps, to get the functionality you want.

Sik

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

This looks very interesting @v-siky-msft , thank you. I shall investigate.

Do you know if it would retain global variables?

Kev

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,211)