cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doug_Pirtle
Frequent Visitor

Can you share a canvas app with another organization (partner) in PowerApps?

Hi,

I have created an App that during development was successful in sharing as a guest user with a 3rd Party in a single test.  Now that we are ready to launch the App no one with the 3rd Party Partner can access the App when I share it.  They get the email notification, but an error message with they click on the link.  My IS team is open to providing additional licensing only if I can provide proof that it will fix the issue.  MS documentation was provided that supposedly supports sharing a canvas app with a 3rd Party is not supported.  However, I am finding supporting documentation.

Both organizations have access to PowerApps within their own company.  I really need to know what can be done to share across the two organizations with guest sharing.  If there is not an option then PowerApps is not much use to me at this time.

Thanks,

Doug P.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Here is the official documentation that shows how to share apps with guest users.  The guest users must be defined as a guest user in your Azure Active Directory for your tenant and they must have appropriate Power Apps licensing either in their own tenant or yours.  I suspect that the users you tried to share with haven't been added as guests in your AAD.

Share a canvas app - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Here is the official documentation that shows how to share apps with guest users.  The guest users must be defined as a guest user in your Azure Active Directory for your tenant and they must have appropriate Power Apps licensing either in their own tenant or yours.  I suspect that the users you tried to share with haven't been added as guests in your AAD.

Share a canvas app - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thank you for the quick response!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,933)