cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Future_Vision
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Can you use a scrollable screen in a component?

I am exploring creating a component with functionality of a scrollable screen. I hijacked the canvas from the scrollable screen in app development and it pastes successfully in a component but I can't seem to get it to render when I place that component back in a screen. Is it even possible?

10 REPLIES 10
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Future_Vision 

Yes, you're going down a road this is not going to work!  Your component will not have access to datasources.  You will need to supply the data from within your app.  Your component will only provide the means to display the information and, if the user changes, supply the resultant changes.  However, your APP needs to get the data and supply to the component, and then your APP needs to respond to any "save" action to then take the resultant changes and store in the datasource.  All very doable, but different than you are thinking.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,287)