cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Burner1
Frequent Visitor

Cannot Clear Attachments in PowerApps

Hi,

I have created an app which has the possibility to add an attachment, and therefore is connected to a SharePoint list.

When I'm done creating an item in the SharePoint list with PowerApps and have added an attachment, I want to create a second item. But when I get to the screen where to add an attachment, the attachment from the previous added item is still visible.

This looks like the same problem as multiple users have described here and for those users there isn't a solution yet. Only for the poster of the item.

I have tried to use this:

ResetForm(EditForm1);NewForm(EditForm1);Navigate(EditScreen1,ScreenTransition.Fade)

All the fields are being resetted, except the attachment field.

If I remove the attachment with the "X" when I add the second item, and click on a button which have only ResetForm and NewForm as onSelect, the attachment will return. So, apparently the attachment wasn't really removed by clicking the X, otherwise it would not return right?

Any help would be appreciated on this strange matter.

41 REPLIES 41
freddiejoseph1
Helper IV
Helper IV

Does anyone have a fix for this?

I am having a similar issue where when I add or remove an attachment in a SharePoint list using SubmitForm, the attachment control/card in the form does not update.

E.g. I remove an attachment, click the submitform button, it gets removed from my sharepoint list, but the attachment still shows in the attachment datacard in my form.

Thanks,

Freddie

DanielRK
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi,

I've got the same problem. Also have attachment field that doesn't reset after submitting an item and carries into the next submission.

Is it still not resolved?

Regards,

Daniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,071)