cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Cannot Clear Attachments in PowerApps

Experience same issue for the attachment control in edit form. So strange that don't know how to convince my customer to accept. Yet I cant find workaround after 2 days.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Removing Parent.Default on Attachments worked for my form that was showing old attachments.  I also had other fields showing old data.  The problem started for me when I published the form in Edit Mode with existing data.   If you remove the Parent.Default from other fields they will not save back to SharePoint.  To fix the caching issue, I had to change the default mode of the form to "New" and clear all the data out before publishing again.  

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

By removing Parent.Default in the items, the attachments don't appear on a form in Edit mode when revising the form.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I was able to clear the attachment from appearing by changing the Sarepointform1 DATA DefaultMode to FormMode.Edit vs FormMode.New.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am facing the same issue for 1 of my SharePoint Custom Forms.

Tried ResetForm(SharePointForm1);

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have read through this entire thread and still have the issue. I will reiterate the issue:
I have a Powerapp displayed on a SharePoint page and fill out the form. All fields show as blank as it's a New form. I submit the form and have another screen with a button to "Submit another form". 

That button has a formula Resetform(form1);newform(form1);navigate(form1screen).

This resets/creates new form except for displaying an attachment in the attachment field. This attachment is the one submitted on the first item in the list, not even the one I just submitted.

I have changed items from Parent.Default to ThisItem.Attachments but that doesn't work either.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi There,

I have the same issue and have been waiting for some resolution.

Meanwhile, I have restored the very 1st test item I had created in this list and kept it in the list with attachment field blank.
This provided a Band-Aid solution and my new form does not show attachments anymore.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,006)