cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marsyazahid72
Helper I
Helper I

Cannot Update 'Attachments' in gallery

I have a gallery that displays items from the SharePoint list. In the gallery, I have added an attachment data card in the gallery to enable the user to download the attachment. However, when I try to update the attachment, the attachment is unable to update in the gallery itself and the SharePoint list.

so here the interface:

marsyazahid72_0-1614352922054.png

then, this is the coding for update button;

Set(
    varPA,
    View
);
ForAll(
    GalleryEdit.AllItems,
    UpdateIf(
        Stud_EC_PA,
        'ID_PA #' = Value(TextInput14.Text),
        {
            EC_PA_Name: TextInput6_8.Text,
            EC_PA_Level: TextInput6_11.Text,
            EC_PA_Cat: TextInput6_9.Text,
            EC_PA_Pos: TextInput4.Text,
            EC_PA_Cri: TextInput6_10.Text,
            Attachments: Attachments
        }
    )
)

Anyone who can help me to solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@marsyazahid72 

Here are your obstacles:

1) In PowerApps currently, you can Only change attachments directly by utilizing a Form with an attachments control in it and then by using the SubmitForm action on the form.

2) You cannot put a Form in a Gallery, so you cannot do the above row by row.

3) As mentioned in #1, the form is the only option for attachment changes - so Patch, Update/IF, etc. will not change the attachments.

If you need this type of functionality, you will need to look at your design and consider alterations, or employ PowerAutomate to submit the attachments to a flow and have flow then alter the attachments of the record (certainly more work to achieve this).

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@marsyazahid72 

Here are your obstacles:

1) In PowerApps currently, you can Only change attachments directly by utilizing a Form with an attachments control in it and then by using the SubmitForm action on the form.

2) You cannot put a Form in a Gallery, so you cannot do the above row by row.

3) As mentioned in #1, the form is the only option for attachment changes - so Patch, Update/IF, etc. will not change the attachments.

If you need this type of functionality, you will need to look at your design and consider alterations, or employ PowerAutomate to submit the attachments to a flow and have flow then alter the attachments of the record (certainly more work to achieve this).

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,980)