Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BrennenLowe
Level: Powered On

Cannot Write Zip File to Local Drive from E-Mail Attachment

Hello,

I am in the development stage of a project.

As a test, I have zipped up a file and sent it in an attachment to the e-mail account where the Flow is set up.  I already successfully set up a gateway.  However, the "Create File [File System]" step does not appear to be outputting the zip file properly.

In the trigger "When a new email arrives", I see the attachment's ContentType is properly read as "application/x-zip-compressed".  However, in the output of the "Create File" step, the file either comes out as "application/octet-stream" when I don't enter in an extension (like .zip) in the "File name" portion of this step or it comes out as "application/x-zip-compressed" when I enter in ".zip" at the end of the file name.  The latter result appears desirable except when I go to my directory to open the newly written ".zip" file, it says "Windows cannot open the folder.  The Compressed (zipped) Folder 'C:\xxx xxxx xxx\xxxxx\xxxx\xxxx\test.zip' is invalid."

Am I missing something?  Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eelman
Level 10

Re: Cannot Write Zip File to Local Drive from E-Mail Attachment

@BrennenLowe 

This sounds like a Power Automate question? If so, you would be better asking it in the Power Automate forums here https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/bd-p/BuildingFlows

This forum is for PowerApps Q&As 🙂 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BrennenLowe
Level: Powered On

Hello,

I have discovered with a co-worker that it works fine if I supply "File name" with the dynamic content of "Attachments Name".

I was originally trying to give it a new name with today's date appended to it but Flow must not have liked that and had trouble with the file type.  Why is that?

Thanks.

Eelman
Level 10

@BrennenLowe 

This sounds like a Power Automate question? If so, you would be better asking it in the Power Automate forums here https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/bd-p/BuildingFlows

This forum is for PowerApps Q&As 🙂 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,276)