Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrennenLowe
Helper I
Helper I

Cannot Write Zip File to Local Drive from E-Mail Attachment

Hello,

I am in the development stage of a project.

As a test, I have zipped up a file and sent it in an attachment to the e-mail account where the Flow is set up.  I already successfully set up a gateway.  However, the "Create File [File System]" step does not appear to be outputting the zip file properly.

In the trigger "When a new email arrives", I see the attachment's ContentType is properly read as "application/x-zip-compressed".  However, in the output of the "Create File" step, the file either comes out as "application/octet-stream" when I don't enter in an extension (like .zip) in the "File name" portion of this step or it comes out as "application/x-zip-compressed" when I enter in ".zip" at the end of the file name.  The latter result appears desirable except when I go to my directory to open the newly written ".zip" file, it says "Windows cannot open the folder.  The Compressed (zipped) Folder 'C:\xxx xxxx xxx\xxxxx\xxxx\xxxx\test.zip' is invalid."

Am I missing something?  Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@BrennenLowe 

This sounds like a Power Automate question? If so, you would be better asking it in the Power Automate forums here https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/bd-p/BuildingFlows

This forum is for PowerApps Q&As 🙂 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BrennenLowe
Helper I
Helper I

Hello,

I have discovered with a co-worker that it works fine if I supply "File name" with the dynamic content of "Attachments Name".

I was originally trying to give it a new name with today's date appended to it but Flow must not have liked that and had trouble with the file type.  Why is that?

Thanks.

@BrennenLowe 

This sounds like a Power Automate question? If so, you would be better asking it in the Power Automate forums here https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/bd-p/BuildingFlows

This forum is for PowerApps Q&As 🙂 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,153)