cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PJO

Cannot access SQL Server database from Power Apps

I have tried to connect Power Apps to SQL Server today for the first time. 

I cannot access SQL Server database from the Power Apps page at https: //make.powerapps.com/environments/.------. /home?offer=dev

I have attached a word doc that has a lot of screen shots in it in an attempt to make it easy for someone to follow my path of pain.

I would be most grateful for any help.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PJO

I have solved this problem following suvidha1's "PowerApps with SQL server on-premises – Using the Gateway, Part One".

suvidha1 posted the story in 2017 so in 2021 it's a little dated but still providing valuable usable information.

Thanks suvidha1, you helped me heaps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PJO

I have solved this problem following suvidha1's "PowerApps with SQL server on-premises – Using the Gateway, Part One".

suvidha1 posted the story in 2017 so in 2021 it's a little dated but still providing valuable usable information.

Thanks suvidha1, you helped me heaps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,225)