cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DDCJOEE
Advocate III
Advocate III

Cannot add PowerApps tab in Teams: "We couldn't save your tab settings. Please try again."

A team member accidentally deleted a PowerApps tab that I created on a team that I own. This has happened a number of other times, and normally I can add the PowerApps tab back without issue.

This time, however, I am getting the following error: "We couldn't save your tab settings. Please try again."

DDCJOEE_0-1624372513224.png

I can add other tab types: I added an Excel sheet, a SharePoint page, a Word doc, etc. without issue. I also tried adding a different PowerApp, and it failed too. I am thinking then that this must be an issue with the PowerApps connector to Teams. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DDCJOEE
Advocate III
Advocate III

I figured out a solution: In the app's details page, there is an option to "Add to Teams." I tried this out, and it follows a similar process, but it successfully added the tab to Teams. If anyone runs into a similar issue, try this! 

DDCJOEE_0-1624382667561.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DDCJOEE
Advocate III
Advocate III

Something else to add to this:

I tried adding a PowerApps tab to another team that I own and got the same issue. Furthermore, I tried using an existing tab for another app, and it looks like it is unable to to load.

DDCJOEE_0-1624375165906.png

DDCJOEE
Advocate III
Advocate III

I also tried opening the PowerApps for Teams editor, and it seems like the whole thing is currently offline. Is there a disruption to that specific service? 

DDCJOEE_0-1624376284175.png

I can open apps in the web editor, I can use an app in a browser, etc. Basically, PowerApps is working fine outside of Teams, but appears to be completely down when trying to use it in any capacity within Teams.

DDCJOEE
Advocate III
Advocate III

I figured out a solution: In the app's details page, there is an option to "Add to Teams." I tried this out, and it follows a similar process, but it successfully added the tab to Teams. If anyone runs into a similar issue, try this! 

DDCJOEE_0-1624382667561.png

Mari
Community Support
Community Support

Thanks for updating this thread!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,814)