cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sheismyfate

Cannot add existing canvas app into solution

Issue Description

Last day I try to deploy my one canvas app 'Training'( Mobile App ) to another environment so that I need to add my existing canvas app into my solution: Training UAT Deployment Solution, but before my teammate does not create it on a solution but directly use Power App Portal.

So that when I try to add my existing app into the solution, this app is located at Outside DataVerse.  After clicking the 'Add' button, the error message shows like that: 

The app 'Training' cannot be added to the specified solution because it is already solution aware. Please manage this application's solutions through the solution management experience.

SolutionError.png

It's very weird that:

1. After clicking this button I cannot see 'Training' in this solution.
  2. After clicking this button I cannot see 'Training' when clicking add existing canvas pop-up frame, which means that I cannot see this app at the solution level anymore. 

It's the same issue as MeghanaMothiki's Issue, but that's not any response from MS anymore, so I post it again.

For Your Information

1. Post a request to Odata API (MyInstantce/api/data/v9.1/canvasapps), then I got the responses, it lists all my canvas app but no 'Training'.
  2. I cannot see this app in this environment's default solution.
  3. I can see this app in PowerApps Portal - Left panel - Apps - list, and I could play it.
  4. I tried to use different views no matter how classic solution mode or turn on/off solution management experience, I could not see this app anymore. 

Looking forwards to your reply in any way, or you could post a message to my personal mail fatewu550@gmail.com.

3 REPLIES 3
Sheismyfate

Hi @WarrenBelz@StalinPonnusamy@RandyHayes,@Pstork1@CNT.

May need your help here.

Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Does this app call a Power Automate flow from a button?  If it does then it can only be added to a solution that already contains the flow. And flows that start using a Power Automate trigger can't be added to a solution.  They must be built in the solution to begin with.

If that is your scenario, then you can try removing the flows from the Power App and see if it will then import into the solution.  If that works you'll then have to rebuild the flows inside the solution from scratch and re-attach them to the Power App.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi Pstork1,

I tried the solution which you provided but unfortunately, it doesn't work. 

We assume that these apps haven't been registered in [canvasapps] entity which belongs to each environment's DataVerse, so that in the Solution Management Portal we could not find those canvas app. 
We raise a support ticket to Microsoft already, once I get any solution will get back to you thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,245)