Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmangiante
Helper V
Helper V

Cannot convert undefined or null to object

Hello,

I have a vacation flow created some times ago; in the last iteration I added an update action where I update a field in SharePoint. This flow work without issue; now I'm trying to change the position of the action in the tree related to management, but if I try to create the action and delete the old action I have the error in the "Subject".

Any idea?

--

Regards,

Marco Mangiante

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here, since this morning.  Co ask.

Chelsa
Frequent Visitor

Ditto, here. I am trying to add a couple more names to the CC line of an automated email. Literally changed nothing else, and I'm getting this error message (which, unhelpfully, doesn't even highlight which piece of my flow is causing it to throw the error).

Same as OP: no errors in the flow before this, and it runs fine --> just won't let me update that field. 

Buggy update, maybe? Any clue what the issue is?

AntonioCheong
Regular Visitor

Same issue.

rescoproducts
Frequent Visitor

Ditto

rescoproducts
Frequent Visitor

After some testing with my flow, all my "SharePoint - Update Item" actions are causing the issue.  I started deleting each object one at a time to find the problem.  Narrowed it down to this action.  I must recreate all of these action types, which is a real annoyance.  Microsoft, can you fix?

I've also noticed that when selecting the "Site Address" from the dropdown, my site in question no longer appears and I must manually type it in.  We haven't made changes to the sites or lists.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I figured out the solution, very silly one, but works.

My flow has more than 10 actions including nested For each applies.   To investigate the issue, I made a copy of the flow, and remove each step to see if I can update then, and finally figured it's Sharepoint list update action make the difference.

So, I removed all Update Sharepoint list actions, and update the flow with my new changes, update ran successfully.  I readded back those update actions at the end of the flow, they were in the middle of the flow.  In my case, it doesn't matter the position and order of these action.

I don't know if it helps.

We have a ton of these to update.  I'm hoping this doesn't affect all my flows.  😞

Since you re-created those steps and saved your workflow, have you gone back in to attempt to edit anything else? If I were to re-create all my SharePoint-related steps in my biggest workflow, it's probably hours of work, so I wanted to see if it stays "fixed" after all that, or if you (at least, currently) have to re-create those steps every time you want to make some sort of update/change to the flow.

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, update any change is ok after my re-creation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,402)