cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teresa24486
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Cannot create Dynamic Views to display task assigned to [current user].

Hi,

Cannot create Dynamic Views to display task assigned to [current user] while it displays only tasks that are created by the user under My Tasks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Teresa24486,

You can create a new custom view on the task entity. Have a condition on your custom lookup fields to user where "custom user lookup" equals current user:

EricRegnier_0-1607044713896.png

Note though that if you use that view you will only see records assign to yourself and not to the user you are trying test.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Teresa24486
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

@EricRegnier  can you give your suggestions please?

hi,

Need to Set custom Assigned User to current user to display my task view /my completed view on dataverse.

poweractivate
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Teresa24486 

This should just be a Dataverse View filtered on the current Owner of the Record. 

If you see created it is using Created BY.

Try using Owner (ownerid) field (column) instead and see if it works.

hi,

The fields are not OOTB fields, they are all custom lookup fields. Owner and Created By are the same fields i believe. I need to create custom views which will display tasks assigned on those custom lookup user. Hope the requirement is now clear.

EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Teresa24486,

You can create a new custom view on the task entity. Have a condition on your custom lookup fields to user where "custom user lookup" equals current user:

EricRegnier_0-1607044713896.png

Note though that if you use that view you will only see records assign to yourself and not to the user you are trying test.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,187)