cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Cannot display data from SQL table in powerapp

I have a gateway set up and it works fine with Power BI. I can connect to the database and the SQL table in Powerapps. I can see the fields, but does not show any data. I dump the table to an Excel file and I can see the data and everything else. Any idea what I may be doing wrong.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Cannot display data from SQL table in powerapp

All right, figured out what was wrong. Looks like powerapps does not like key made up of multiple columns. Recreated the table with additional column that is the key and made up of multiple columns and it now shows data.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @teamhamra,

Could you please share a screenshot for the default screen (which you just see fields, and no data) when connecting to SQL server directly? Any errors popped out when click Connect?

Please first take a check with the articles below:

Connect from Microsoft PowerApps to SQL Server

And

Create an app from scratch

See if those would help.

Please post back if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for responding. I guess, I was not clear in my original post. From Powerapp, I can connect to the sql server as well as select tables. It does not give any errors. The problem is, it does not show any data. I have tried both building application from scratch as well as let the studio automatically build the standard 3 screen app. I see the text box mapped correctly to the fields from the sql table that I am using, but they just do not show any data. If I dump the same data in Excel and connect to it, everything works.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @teamhamra,

Thanks for the explanation.

Could you please share information about the column types configured under SQL Table, also with the other information which associated with that table, like triggers, relationships or permissions?

I will see if I could reproduce this from my side.

In addition, under the first screen when connected with three auto-generated screen, selecting the BrowseGallery, there would be Options listed available to select the value, would it be available for you to switch the value there?

69.PNG

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

The table is very simple. It has char, date and int columns. There are no dependencies or anything else related to the table. IThe username that I am using for gateway has all the permissions. I can see the table and the data in Powerbi using the same gateway and user id.

In Powerapps, I see the table, as suggested by you in the options, I see the table fields and can change assignment to display text box. I just do not see the data.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

All right, figured out what was wrong. Looks like powerapps does not like key made up of multiple columns. Recreated the table with additional column that is the key and made up of multiple columns and it now shows data.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,914)