cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SPDevelKMT Advocate III
Advocate III

Cannot edit attachment and save changes back to attachment on PowerApps form

I have a SharePoint integrated PowerApp form that I am adding an attachment to via Flow.  The attachment is an Excel file that is strored in a document library in the same site.  It is a template that has conversion numbers in it and changes frequently.  The Excel file is added succesfully to the PowerApps form and is visible after saving and opening a the new form. 

The issue is that when I open the form and click on the attachment, it downloads to my local download folder(Chrome only, cannot get form to worl in IE or Edge).  If I edit the Excel file, it is not saved back into the PowerApps form. The edits are all saved locally.   I need to be able to attach the Excel file, make changes and have those changes appear in the attachment on the PowerApps form.

Does anyone have the edit attachment on the form working?  

3 REPLIES 3
SPDevelKMT Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: Cannot edit attachment and save changes back to attachment on PowerApps form

I have also found that if you put a check next to the item in the sharepoint list... access the properties for the item through the details dialog in SharePoint Online... Click the link for the attachment in the details dialog.... you can actually edit the Excel File attached to the list item, save the changes and see the changes in the attachment on the list item.  The changes are visible from the link in the PA form or from the details screen.  So the issue is only associated with the attachment link on the PowerApps form.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Community Support
Community Support

Re: Cannot edit attachment and save changes back to attachment on PowerApps form

Hi @SPDevelKMT,

So far attachment control inside form in PowerApps does not support editing the files and save back to SharePoint. You might want to add this idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SPDevelKMT Advocate III
Advocate III

I have added to ideas although i think it is absurd that you can add an attachment to a PA form but have no capability to modify or save it within the form.

Please vote here - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Edit-attachments-from-within-PowerApps-form-and-...

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,019)