Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Cannot export SharePoint List to excel

cannot excel data sharepoint.PNG

Hi everyone,

Above is the issue that I faced when trying to Export to Excel from Sharepoint List.

I tried to "Repair Office" but nothing happened.

I read an similar questions and the answers is to Repair Office. Did not work for me.

SharePoint OpenDocuments Class is not shown in the Internet Options -> Programs -> Manage Add-Ons

internet option.PNG

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Cannot export SharePoint List to excel

Hi luuminhvuong93,

Are you trying to work with PowerApps? I believe what you see is an Microsoft office issue, and needs to be looked up in the Microsoft office support portal - https://support.office.com/

Please let me know if this is a powerapps issue and I would be happy to help you.

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

My data is collected from PowerApps,

But maybe I am at a wrong place.

Anyway is there other workaround that can allow exporting the data to excel ?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

You can use flow to do this.

There's a preexisting template you can use which once a week exports the content of a sharepoint list into an Excel .csv https://emea.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/79095f001ee911e79dc3835964ea3218/co...

If you want it to run on demand rather than weekly, change the trigger from recurrence to a button.

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

thank you for suggesting, Actually I did try this one @JohnFairhall

But the FONT is not working (Im using Vietnamese)

Also, too many unnecessary column that I dont need

export csv error.PNG

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Once you have the exported CSV file do not open it. Instead, Open up Excel, go to the Data tab and choose 'From Text/CSV'. Ensure UTF-8 is used.

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Thanks @JohnFairhall

However I downloaded the created csv ffrom onedrive. Then I Open excel, choosed from Text in data.

I also choose UTF 8.

font is stil broken 😞

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Is it a fresh version of the CSV you are trying to import? If its the same one that you originally tried to open it maybe saved with the incorrect coding. Try creating the CSV again from fresh and then importing from text. If that doesn't work then sorry, I'm out of idea but hopefully, someone else can help. Good luck.

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

@JohnFairhall Thanks for your help,

ACtually It was my mistake. I click and downloaded the file from Excel online into xlsx format

I did it successfully,

The question now though is how to allow export data only input by the current user of the PowerApps.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @luuminhvuong93,

Based on what I know, there is no option available in PowerApps to allow exporting data into Excel, or into SharePoint list.

You could take use of user() function to filter out the table loaded in PowerApps.

User function in PowerApps

If here you would like to export filtered items from SharePoint list to Excel, then you may take a try with the Export to Excel feature in SharePoint, which allows to export the filtered View from SharePoint list:

Export to Excel from SharePoint  (Edited, it seems you have issue using this feature)

Or you may take a try with some powershell scripts.

Adding a thread for reference:

How to export filtered SharePoint list to Excel

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,684)