cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisHoover7684

Cannot go back one page after editing form. Goes to first rows' details page instead of the row I'm working on.

After i edit a form and click submit, instead of going Back one page, it jumps to the first row entrys page.

For Instance, 1st screen (BrowseScreen1) has many employee names listed alphabetically. I select the employee i want to see details on and click edit. After i edit the fields and click submit, it updates the form BUT it jumps to the first Entry (Name that starts with A) instead of the employee i am working on. 

My Editfom OnSuccess says Back(), but i'm not sure whats wrong.  I want to go back to the employee i was just editing instead of back to beginning.

ChrisHoover7684_0-1630960913186.png

On my BrowseGallry1 (1st Page) for reference. 

ChrisHoover7684_1-1630961071877.png

6 REPLIES 6
Rutu1455
Frequent Visitor

hello,

Instead of Back() use Navigate('Screenname') on Onsuccess property of the edit form to get back to the pervious page...

I hope it will help you 

thumps up if its useful.

Still goes back to first employee that start with letter A.

SayaliKumbhar23
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Rather than using the back() you can use navigate(your screen name); Apply navigate function on OnSelect property.
so you will get your solution.

Ramole
Super User
Super User

Hi @ChrisHoover7684 

You can use variable if you need to see the record you've navigated before , or else can you share a bit more information like how you come to the form screen, your currant code used

Thank you
If this post helps, then Click on the Thumbs Up below. and Accept it as the solution . to help others find helpful.
shivam38
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hey  @ChrisHoover7684  

you can use this formula on the button on select property from where you are submitting the data .

SubmitForm(form name); Back();

this formula first submit the data into database and then take you to the previous screen.

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChrisHoover7684 ,

Under normal circumstance using Back() would return to the screen that was most recently displayed (at the place when you navigate away). I tested several times with this function but have found nothing that could lead the result in your case.

Please turn on the "keep recently visited screens in memory" option in studio settings and try again:

vjefferni_0-1631521444686.png

If the issue persists, please consider raise a ticket on the support page:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (3,960)