cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ram1

Cannot launch any Powerapp on new computer

When I try to launch any powerapp on a new computer, I get

This app isn't working. Refresh your browser or try again later.
Unknown user
Session ID: 61889110-cc4b-4740-81b7-a4fdd0775e7c

I am able to launch the same apps on another computer with the same credentials.

I have tried:

• Chrome, Edge, and Firefox
  • Cleared cache of all browsers
  • creating a new Windows profile on new computer.
  • joining computer to Azure and logging in with Office 365 credentials.
  • uninstalling Office, Teams from computer
  • removing Office 365 credentials from "Access Work or School"

Anything else to check before reinstalling Windows?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Ram1 I took a look at your session, and I suspect what happened is your computer clock might have been significantly out of sync with the real time. Probably when you reset Windows, it reset the clock. Sorry I didn't get to this post earlier to suggest making sure it was set correctly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Ram1 

Do you have any antivirus or firewall software installed on your machine? Is so, I'd try disabling those to see if it makes a difference.

Specifically, there are antivirus products that can carry out HTTPS/TLS interception and inspection. These can interrupt the PowerApps authentication process, and result in the error that you see. For example, here are the details of Kaspersky's implementation of this.

https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/371162-how-to-disable-ssl-interception/

Apart from that, are the 2 machines that work and don't work connected to the same network?

@timl 

Yes, they are connected to the same network. I tried wireless and wired, also.

I am using the built-in Windows Defender and Firewall. I disabled Windows Defender but no success.

I just reset Windows and all is good now. Something must have been corrupted on the PC. I still need to update drivers, etc. I'll check every so often and see if any certain piece of software breaks it again.

Thanks for trying.

@Ram1 I took a look at your session, and I suspect what happened is your computer clock might have been significantly out of sync with the real time. Probably when you reset Windows, it reset the clock. Sorry I didn't get to this post earlier to suggest making sure it was set correctly.

View solution in original post

Thanks @cherie 

As many times as I have seen that cause an issue on other things, you would think I would check that by default by now. I'll be sure to check that if it happens again, thanks!

timl
Super User III
Super User III

Well done @cherie! It seems so obvious now - the incorrect time was causing the failure in secure communications. I was thinking it was something like this when I suggested antivirus.

https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/72866/what-role-does-clock-synchronization-play-in-ssl-...

@Ram1 - I'm glad you fixed your problem, but sorry you had to go through the pain of resetting Windows.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (27,789)