cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LohithaSannathi Helper III
Helper III

Cannot open ports which are listed in Gateway Test Results, Is Gateway only option to connect to Oracle database

Hi 

I have ran Network Port Test  and found list of servers, port and IP Address to create gateway. but i am unable to open ports listed by Network post test due to security issues. So i wanted to know , Is the gateway only option to connect to Oracle Database. (We are running on  Oracle Applications R12). Please suggest me the right Direction.

Thanks

Lohitha

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Cannot open ports which are listed in Gateway Test Results, Is Gateway only option to connect to Oracle database

if your Oracle server is ON-Premises then yes, the only way to access it from Power Apps is an On-Premises gateway.  Please Note: The non-HTTP(s) ports are all outbound only. This is usually less of a security concern for most networking groups.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Cannot open ports which are listed in Gateway Test Results, Is Gateway only option to connect to Oracle database

Hi @LohithaSannathi ,

Do you use On-premises Oracle Database on your side?

Do you create a connection to your On-premises Oracle Database from your canvas app?

If you created a connection to your On-premises Oracle Database from your canvas app, the answer to your question is YES. Currently, within PowerApps, if you want to access On-premises connector, you must install a On-premises Data Gateway on your PC, then create a connection to the On-premises connector through On-premises Data Gateway.

More details about On-premises Data Gateway in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/gateway-reference

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-onprem-indepth

Create a connection to Oracle Database from PowerApps app

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Helper III

YEs -Oracle server is ON-Premises ,Though i enable HTTPS mode in gateway, Still im not able to Connect. 

Getting Below Errors

Gateway service cannot access outside network. Check your connectivity settings.

Gateway service connectivity check failed. Common issues can be found at https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=838272.

Below is the stack trace:
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found
at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.HealthCheck.NetworkCheck.CheckDNSQuery()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.HealthCheck.NetworkCheck.<>c.<Run>b__5_0()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.HealthCheck.HealthCheckAction.Run(Func`1 checkMethod)

-- Error 2 

Network Connectivity is Limited.

Ensure network access is functioning correctly. Firewall and proxy configurations may need to be changed.

Thanks

Lohitha

Helper III

Hi @v-xida-msft , @Pstork1 

yes we have Oracle server is ON-Premises ,Though i enable HTTPS mode in gateway, Still im not able to Connect. 

I have installed On-Premises gateway on my PC and when trying to congifure getting below errors.

Getting Below Errors

Gateway service cannot access outside network. Check your connectivity settings.

Gateway service connectivity check failed. Common issues can be found at https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=838272.

Below is the stack trace:
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found
at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.HealthCheck.NetworkCheck.CheckDNSQuery()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.HealthCheck.NetworkCheck.<>c.<Run>b__5_0()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.HealthCheck.HealthCheckAction.Run(Func`1 checkMethod)

-- Error 2 

Network Connectivity is Limited.

Ensure network access is functioning correctly. Firewall and proxy configurations may need to be changed.

Thanks

Lohitha

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Did you open the ports mentioned in the original post thorugh your Windows Firewall for outbound?  Does the connectivity test you originally ran finish without errors?  If not then you still have to fix those outbound ports or the gateway won't work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,656)