cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Cannot play a canvas app after importing it from a managed/unmanaged solution

Hi,

I cannot play a canvas app after importing it from a managed/unmanaged solution. 

My process:

1. create a solution in my dev environment
  2. create a canvas app inside that solution
  3. export solution as either managed or unmanged
  4. import solution into testing environment

The canvas app show up inside the solution in the new environment - but I don't have an option to play the canvas app. When I click on the canvas app it takes me from the solution screen to the "app" screen - but the canvas app is not listed in the list of apps. 

I have tried re-creating the connectors in the new environment, clicking 'publish all customization's' and the log file says the solution imported successfully without any issues.

Screenshot of the solution imported into the testing environment: Photo1
Screenshot of when I click on the canvas app and it taking me to the apps screen - but the imported app is not listed - Photo2

I have got this to work by exporting the canvas app directly by exporting it as a package - But I don't think this is the correct way to manage apps using a proper development life-cycle. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I am getting the same error. I am trying to do a managed solution, and I can see the app inside solution but once I click the app it takes me to app page where I don't see it. Were you able to figure it out?

Thanks!

Hi, No solution yet - I have just been using the export app direct function rather then the export solution function. I tested it with a model driven app and that works fine so its something to do with a canvas app. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,433)