cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MinhPham96
Helper III
Helper III

Cannot read property 'name' of undefined

Hello, currently I'm building a Canvas that connect to D365 FO. We connect to multiple tables and one of them has error below

2020-05-25_9-25-08.png

I tried on Power BI and the table was able to connect and get the data down, I checked and the 'name' field is just a simple text field. What can possibly be wrong ? Can someone help me ? Thank you. 

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MinhPham96 ,

Have you defined a column called "name" in your D365 FO Table?

Have you provided proper value for the 'name' column?

Please consider re-create a new connection to your D365 F&O table from your canvas app, then check if the issue is solved.

When you creating a connection to D365 F&O, please make sure you have provided proper credential and proper instance.

If you still have this issue, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @MinhPham96 ,

I suggest you lodge a Support Ticket with Microsoft.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MinhPham96 ,

Have you defined a column called "name" in your D365 FO Table?

Have you provided proper value for the 'name' column?

Please consider re-create a new connection to your D365 F&O table from your canvas app, then check if the issue is solved.

When you creating a connection to D365 F&O, please make sure you have provided proper credential and proper instance.

If you still have this issue, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

MinhPham96
Helper III
Helper III

Ok, the problem was in D365FO, our backend team has fixed it, thank @v-xida-msft  and @WarrenBelz  for supporting. 

Best Regards

Hello @MinhPham96 ,

Do you know what your backend team did to fix this? 

We are getting the same error trying to create a Power App with the out of the box inventory data entities. (InventorySitesOnHand, WarehousesOnHand). These work fine in other services like Power BI, BYOD export... just not in a canvas app. 

Any insight would be appreciated. 

Dear @SeanM , I asked our backend team and they said that there was a field in that entity that was not compatible with PowerApps for some unknown reasons, more surprisingly that field is not the "name" field, what they did was that they created a similar entity and we were able to connect it to PowerApps. Hope this can help your case. 

Best Regards

@SeanM and @MinhPham96 , have you solved this issue?  Can you tell me what database field is causing the issue in Power Apps?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,877)