cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Cannot reset a date from a sql table record to blank

Hi,

I edit record from a table from a sql database (i have not designed just a user) from within powerapps.

This table animals has a datefield "date of death"
If by accident this date is edited I cannot seem to get it back to blank.
Dates that are not entered show as 31-12-2001 in the datacard, greyed out.

If I put 31-12-2001 manually the animal really has a date of death 31-12-2001.

If I blank the date input field it shows the right way: 31-12-2001, greyed out. But this is not stored, the previous date persists.
If I put 0 i get a date of 01-01-1970.

If I put the usual 0 dates like 01-01-1899 I just get that date as date of death.

Cannot get the animal living again from the powerapp it seems.

Any ideas?

edit additional: if I set the cursor in the blank date (31-12-2001) change some other stuff and save then the date remains blank like it should.

additional edit: any date going back to 1-1-1000 is stored, 31-12-999 and earlier is ignored

Additional edit: delete inputtextplaceholder text : no succes

additional edit : pressing a button setting the NotDeadPressed variable true and handling like this

datacard.default property:

If(DeadNowPressed;Today();If(NotDeadPressed;Blank();ThisItem.overledendatum))

does not solve the problem, if in stead of blank I put 0 or "": no succes. Control is blanked but original value   persists in the database.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bumping for visibility 

@Anonymous 

Exactly same problem connected to SharePoint lists. Data picker field on a datacard will accept dates and store them but then there is no way to blank the date. Tried turning on the Experimental Formula-level error management as suggested elsewhere in a bolg. It worked and I was able to delete the dates. BUT it broke a number of other formulas used on other screens in the same app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (31,305)