cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot retrieve specific property from a lookup field in a canvas app.

I am trying to build my first canvas app here! Need some help with the lookup fields in the displaying forms. I have a registration screen where I populate one entity that has a lookup field in another entity. 

Then I try to show the info in a display form. In the lookup field datacard in the "DefaultSelectedItems", I use the table function because I found out that the lookup field is stored in a combobox. 

Table({ key: ThisItem.cr32f_DeviceType.cr32f_devicetypeid })

Here the "cr32f_DeviceType" is the lookup field and I can indeed display the devicetypeid correctly(screenshot attached), but when I  try to display other properties of the entity it returns 'blank'.

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 16.03.29.png

When I check the data of the Entity Row in the database it shows all the values for the lookup.
However, in the app it is 'blank'.  
Any thoughts on this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

If you go to File->Settings->Advanced Settings. Is the Explicit Column Setting set to true? If so, try to set it to false. 

Or, since you can fetch the ID, use a LookUp using the ID to fetch the complete record and then display the value you want to see. 

Let me know if this helps or if you need more details. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

If you go to File->Settings->Advanced Settings. Is the Explicit Column Setting set to true? If so, try to set it to false. 

Or, since you can fetch the ID, use a LookUp using the ID to fetch the complete record and then display the value you want to see. 

Let me know if this helps or if you need more details. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (3,839)