cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Cannot save customized Powerapps form from SharePoint List after required fields are filled

Hi everyone.  I am new to this forum and to PowerApps.  I am working on my 3rd PowerApps form and I have come across an issue.  I have a form that is customized from a SP list.  When I launch a new form and let's supposed a required field was not entered, the form will not submit and an error message will display (working as expected).

The issue is after the required fields are entered and you click the Save button the form does absolutely nothing.  In order to submit the form, I would have to close out fo the existing form and re-open a new one and then make sure all required fields are entered and then submit.  Basically, if a required field error occurs you have to re-open to form to submit.  Any help would be appreciated.

20 REPLIES 20
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @skarthanal 

You would put something in the OnSuccess property of the form.  Usually it is a Navigation property to go to another screen that contains a gallery showing the list and you can see the new item that has just been added.  It could be to a Success screen or to exit the App and return to SharePoint.   There is also an OnFailure property where you can navigate to another screen and perhaps tell the user what went wrong. 

Helper V
Helper V

Open your list, select PowerApps on the command bar, and then select Customize forms. In Power Apps Studio, select File, and then select See all versions. The Versions page opens in a new browser tab. If you don't see the See all versions button, select Save.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @skarthanal ,

Do you mean that the custom form could not work as expected in your SP List?

Could you please show a screenshot about the error message within your custom form app?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please consider set the OnNew property of the SharePointIntegration control to following:

Refresh('Your SP List');
NewForm(SharePointForm1)

set the OnEdit property of the SharePointIntegration control to following:

Refresh('Your SP List');
EditForm(SharePointForm1)

please take a try with above solution, save your app and republish it again, check if the issue is fixed.

If the issue still exists, please consider remove the custom form from your SP List, then re-add a new custom form for your SP List, then check if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xida-msft thank you for your response.  I tried what you suggested but it still did not work.  Below are screenshots of what my issue is:

SS1.png

In the above screenshot, I have clicked the Save button which did not save because of the required field conditions not being met.  If i was to open a brand new instance of the form and fill everything out correctly (not missing any required fields) the form will submit just fine but if i open the form and miss a required field then add a value to the field i missed it breaks.  In the below screenshot you see that i have entered values for all required fields but if i click on the Save button it doesnt do anything. 

SS2.png

Currently, the SharePoint Integrations are:

1. OnCancel - ResetForm(SharePointForm1)
  2. Refresh('Creative Request Form');EditForm(SharePointForm1)
  3. Refresh('Creative Request Form');NewForm(SharePointForm1)
  4. SubmitForm(SharePointForm1)
  5. ViewForm(SharePointForm1)

The strange thing is that i have also created a button on the bottom of the form "Submit Form" and when i click that, it works as expected before or even after a validation error.  The OnSelect for the button is SubmitForm(SharePointForm1).

Let me know if you can think of anything. Thanks!

Hi @skarthanal ,

Have you taken a try to remove the custom form from your SP List, and re-create a new one for it?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please remove these required fields from Edit form, then re-enable them within your Edit form again, check if the issue still exists.

Also please make sure these Required fields in your Edit form has been bind to the corresponding fields in your SP List correctly. Make sure the Default property of these Required fields data card in your Edit form set to following:

ThisItem.ColumnName

Make sure the Update property of these Required fields data card has been bind to corresponding control inside it.

Note: Make sure these Required fields data card are not custom data cards in your Edit form

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey Any luck on this?

I am also facing same issue since 1 week.

form works fine if filled up all fields and save in first attempt but if I miss something by chance and try to renter value after correcting it doesn't save at all.

surprisingly this is happening across all the lists in my site. 

@urban7 Unfortunately no i have not gotten anywhere with this.  I have a ticket open with Microsoft but i have not had any luck in being able to actually connect with them yet.  The only workaround i found that works is if you create a seperarte button to submit your form but the issue is the user will see the save/cancel on the top and the submit button within the form which would be confusing.  I will reply back if i get an answer.

Thanks!

Hi, 

I have the same issue.

did you find some workaround or stable solutions?

Hi, 

I have the same issue.

did you find some workaround or stable solutions?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (81,893)