Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcelvos
Helper I
Helper I

Cannot share Custom Connectors or Connections

Hi all,
Since last week we have problems with sharing connections and custom connectors. See images for details.
For Custom Connectors:
I'm the owner/maker of the Custom Connector and can add users but the save button is not available.

Many thanks.

Chears Marcel

Update : users can login to the connector if the app is shared with them. But the question is still there why I cannot share the connector with users.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @marcelvos ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and the issue is confirmed on my side.

When adding a custom connector within a Solution, the custom connector could not be shared to other users. It seems that the Share functionality is not supported for the custom connector created within a Solution.

If you would like to get further help in this issue, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

I would also post this issue to my product team, if this issue is fixed, I would reply to you here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marcelvos ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean you could not share your custom connector to your end users?

Further, which PowerApps license do you own for your account? PowerApps Community Plan?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The Share functionality works well in my custom connector:

5.JPG

If your PowerApps license is PowerApps Community Plan, I think your issue is related to this. Currently, Sharing apps, flows, connections, ... are not supported within Community Plan, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/dev-community-plan#which-features-are-included-in-t...

If you could share your app to your end users, when you share your app including custom connectors to your end users, the custom connector connection would be shared to these end users automatically. Please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-resources#custom-connectors

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-xida-msft for your aswer and tips.

Here the answers of your questions:

Do you mean you could not share your custom connector to your end users?

Yes

Further, which PowerApps license do you own for your account? PowerApps Community Plan? 

I have PowerApps Plan 2

I tested the same as you. I made a Custom Connector and yes I can share the Connector. 

I tested a old Custom Connector and yes, I can share the Connector with user.

The Custom Connector that I build yesterday is still in trouble and cannot shared.

This Connector is created Yesterday by me but there is no ownerThis Connector is created Yesterday by me but there is no ownerThis Connector is created 3 months ago and I'am the owner and can share the connector with usersThis Connector is created 3 months ago and I'am the owner and can share the connector with users

Hi @v-xida-msft ,
I found the real problem, but don't know how to fix it. Maybe it's a bug?

If I create a Custom Connector then I have the permissions to share the Customer Connector. If I create the Custom Connector via a solution then we are in trouble and it is not possible to share the Custom Connector.

Note: Some months ago I create some Custom Connectors via a solution and they are working fine. It seams to be an issue with the latest version or something.

Hi @marcelvos ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and the issue is confirmed on my side.

When adding a custom connector within a Solution, the custom connector could not be shared to other users. It seems that the Share functionality is not supported for the custom connector created within a Solution.

If you would like to get further help in this issue, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

I would also post this issue to my product team, if this issue is fixed, I would reply to you here.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Thanks for help @v-xida-msft . I created a issue on the portal.

I closed this post.

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@marcelvos , @v-xida-msft 

I am having the same problem. Unable to share a Connection created for a Custom Connector within a solution. Has there been a solution for this?

Thanks.

Hi @CNT ,

Problem occurs long time ago.  The problem occurs when we import a swagger file into the Custom Connector. Everything seemed fine, but there was a mismatch between the title (swagger-editor) and name of the Custom Connector after import. We must update the title in the swagger-editor of the Custom Connector itself.

marcelvos_0-1603747658161.png

JJarmuzek

Hi,

I have the same problem. New custom connector created within solution, save button is grayed out. Unable to share. CC is used in flows. Anyone know solution for that? 

I have tried changing the title in swagger already...

Hi @JJarmuzek ,

Try this: Create new custom connector and save the connector. Open the connector again and copy your swagger file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,848)