Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcelvos
Helper I
Helper I

Cannot share Custom Connectors or Connections

Hi all,
Since last week we have problems with sharing connections and custom connectors. See images for details.
For Custom Connectors:
I'm the owner/maker of the Custom Connector and can add users but the save button is not available.

Many thanks.

Chears Marcel

Update : users can login to the connector if the app is shared with them. But the question is still there why I cannot share the connector with users.
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@marcelvos @JJarmuzek Any solution to this? Having the same issue, unable to share connector/connection with users when the connector was built inside a solution.

Rortiz

Hello.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

vktr
Frequent Visitor

I had this problem and here is a fresh solution to it. Had problems with sharing the actual connection though, it did not recognize me as an owner for some reason but I found a workaround for that below:

1. Follow video https://youtu.be/ROKO589RBnQ

2. Attempt to share connection to someone/grp, save your user GUID.

3. Create instant flow with these steps (actually I did not need Get Custom Connectors as Admin) on an admin account in the environment:

vktr_0-1622122920901.png

From the out data of "Get connections as admin", CTRL+F your connection name and in $connection variable, you can find apiId: "/providers/microsoft.powerapps/apis/_your custom connector ID_"

Copy last ID which is your Connector Name for last step in flow. 

Environment name is the one when you browse https://make.powerapps.com/environments/_Environment name_ so copy last bit there. 

4. Fill in CanEdit in put Role Name and put Principal Object ID, fill in your user GUID that wants to be able to share connection. 

5. Run flow.

You now should be able to share the connection without errors. Worked for me atleast!

@Anonymous , No. we add the connectors now in a different solution. This is working fine for us.

@Rortiz ,No. we add the connectors now in a different solution. This is working fine for us.

Dave48
Advocate II
Advocate II

If anyone is still struggling with this there is a workaround.

In the environment goto Data and tables. At bottom of list of tables you should see option to see more tables. Click it then search for connectors. 

Select the connectors table, goto Data and should see your custom connector, edit the item. You will be in dynamics so UI will look different, there will be share option in top menu, once shared here the user should see the connector.

HKD
Frequent Visitor

hey @Dave48 ,

I've tried doing this workaround, but the custom connector still doesn't show up, should the user have specific permission for this or do full permissions work?

i gave the read write and share when sharing. As long as the user as environment maker should work, though could try adding basic user as well (as the connector is a dataverse table they need a security role that allows access to default tables)

Dave48
Advocate II
Advocate II

Looks like an update to the table view has removed the option to edito the connector. There is another workaround.
In Power apps goto settings and select 'Advance Settings'
You shuld be in the old dynmics page, from there click the filter icon in top right. In the filter popup select Look for: 'Connectors', then click results. You shuld see list of all custom connectors, click on the one you want and that should take you to the edit screen where you can share

Dave48_0-1655287725689.png

@Dave48 

Thanks for this workaround. I was able to use it to add a teammate individually. I've tried adding an email enabled Security Group but can't seem to find it in the lookup. Do you know if there's a way to add Security Groups through this route?

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,502)