Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcelvos
Helper I
Helper I

Cannot share Custom Connectors or Connections

Hi all,
Since last week we have problems with sharing connections and custom connectors. See images for details.
For Custom Connectors:
I'm the owner/maker of the Custom Connector and can add users but the save button is not available.

Many thanks.

Chears Marcel

Update : users can login to the connector if the app is shared with them. But the question is still there why I cannot share the connector with users.
20 REPLIES 20

Hi aec2018,
Im afraid there isnt currently a way to share connectors with security groups. Its the same with canvas apps, you cant share maker rights to security groups.

I expect this to be fixed soon as a proper way to share connectors in solutions is need for ALM.

There is a potential way to do it but its very messay and not something I have tried. You can share Solution aware flows with dataverse unbound actions (Share Solution Aware Flows/apps using Automate and... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com))

So in theory you could run a flow that uses the o365 groups connector as a trigger (add to security group) and then shares the Custom connector row in the connectors table.
Its a painful workaround and Im not even sure it would work but if you really need to could be worth a try.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,239)