Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcelvos
Helper I
Helper I

Cannot share Custom Connectors or Connections

Hi all,
Since last week we have problems with sharing connections and custom connectors. See images for details.
For Custom Connectors:
I'm the owner/maker of the Custom Connector and can add users but the save button is not available.

Many thanks.

Chears Marcel

Update : users can login to the connector if the app is shared with them. But the question is still there why I cannot share the connector with users.
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@marcelvos @JJarmuzek Any solution to this? Having the same issue, unable to share connector/connection with users when the connector was built inside a solution.

Rortiz

Hello.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

vktr
Regular Visitor

I had this problem and here is a fresh solution to it. Had problems with sharing the actual connection though, it did not recognize me as an owner for some reason but I found a workaround for that below:

1. Follow video https://youtu.be/ROKO589RBnQ

2. Attempt to share connection to someone/grp, save your user GUID.

3. Create instant flow with these steps (actually I did not need Get Custom Connectors as Admin) on an admin account in the environment:

vktr_0-1622122920901.png

From the out data of "Get connections as admin", CTRL+F your connection name and in $connection variable, you can find apiId: "/providers/microsoft.powerapps/apis/_your custom connector ID_"

Copy last ID which is your Connector Name for last step in flow. 

Environment name is the one when you browse https://make.powerapps.com/environments/_Environment name_ so copy last bit there. 

4. Fill in CanEdit in put Role Name and put Principal Object ID, fill in your user GUID that wants to be able to share connection. 

5. Run flow.

You now should be able to share the connection without errors. Worked for me atleast!

@Anonymous , No. we add the connectors now in a different solution. This is working fine for us.

@Rortiz ,No. we add the connectors now in a different solution. This is working fine for us.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,981)