Hi, we are running an Office 365 environment and use Access Web Apps (a form of SQL server).
In the PowerApps page, in the default environment, I created the connection to the Access Web App as an SQL server connection, and renamed it to a more familiar form.
I can use the connection fine in my PowerApps, no problems. Then I shared the connection both with specific people and with the whole organisation. But my colleague, when he opens the PowerApp that uses the connection, is asked to allow the connection, but the OK button is greyed out.
When he signs in to PowerApps and switches to the default environment, he cannot see the SQL server connection I shared with him.
Please make sure that this user has the proper permissions to this Access Web App data connections that the app uses. Make sure that the permission is explicitly granted.
For more information, please refer to:
Share app resources
Steelman70, are you still experiencing this?
I have similar problem that I have reproduced in two different tenants:
1. Create SQL Azure connection and share it with users.
2. Create PowerApp that uses the same connection and share it with the same users.
- the users cannot press the Allow button.
- the users cannot see the shared connection.
In rare cases the allow button was enabled:
- once it was enabled but with different connection than the one that was associated with the app (the same database, but with different connection name) for the user that had added that connection himself.
- for one user I just shared a simple AdventureWorksLT Azure SQL database connection in a very simple PowerApp, the button was enabled at the first try but after that when I changed the permission (to give her more rights) the button remains disabled no matter what I do.
Driving me nuts... 🙂
Yes, I struggled with this error all last week and could not publish, and therefore could not Export the latest changes to the app. Prior to the error I probably Published 10 times over a 2 week span of constant developing on the app. Anyways, after racking my brain and searching for answers with no avail, I realized that the problem started after I started using Power Automate Flows, but it was not the flows that caused the problem, it was that I changed Environments on my PowerApp to use the same environment as the Flow environment and that is when the problems seem to occur.
When I went back to original environment that I initially created my SQL Connections with for the app, the "Permission" errors went away. This is my experience, I then re-added my changes to the last good saved app backup files from when I worked in the good environment, and things are working fine now. I do not understand exactly the details of why, but that is how I was able to get around the problem and I hope this can help someone out there, because it took me at least several days to figure this out.
The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.
Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.
This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.
Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.