cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saadaltak
Frequent Visitor

Cannot show image from external URL

Hi,

Why I cannot show an external image using external url? I am pretty sure that it worked previously. If I use the "FlooringEstimates" Excel file as data source, it shows the related image. While if I try any external url as shown in the screen shoot, it does not show anything. Any idea where is the issue?

Thanks,

Saad

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @saadaltak ,

Firstly, the method you are currently using is to access the image resources of the URL.

Third-party URLs (such as Wiki) may become invalid over time. I think your picture cannot be displayed may be because of this situation. I cannot access your picture address in the browser.

But if you put all the pictures in the SP cloud, then I think this will almost never happen, and your pictures will be safe.

Therefore, you could use Image control to access the URL of the SP image directly.

Secondly, for more safety, you could try to save the pictures directly instead of their URL.

You could use JSON() function to convert pictures into binary strings and save them in multiple lines of text.

I think this link will help you a lot: Here 

You could choose a method according to your needs.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @saadaltak ,

According to your description, I noticed that your URL has authentication information.

Unfortunately, powerapps cannot connect to the URL with authentication information.

For example: “https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/80/Wikipedia-logo-v2.svg”

This is a URL without authentication information. We don’t need to log in, anyone can open this URL with any browser.

v-xiaochen-msft_1-1608620805904.png

v-xiaochen-msft_2-1608620805909.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks

saadaltak
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your reply

This is weird because I tested it before couple of months and was working!

If I have a shared folder with subfolders containing hundreds of images, what is the best approach to show these images in a power apps gallery?

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @saadaltak ,

Firstly, the method you are currently using is to access the image resources of the URL.

Third-party URLs (such as Wiki) may become invalid over time. I think your picture cannot be displayed may be because of this situation. I cannot access your picture address in the browser.

But if you put all the pictures in the SP cloud, then I think this will almost never happen, and your pictures will be safe.

Therefore, you could use Image control to access the URL of the SP image directly.

Secondly, for more safety, you could try to save the pictures directly instead of their URL.

You could use JSON() function to convert pictures into binary strings and save them in multiple lines of text.

I think this link will help you a lot: Here 

You could choose a method according to your needs.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (17,510)