cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Cannot sign in to Power BI on Power Apps

I am not able to sign in the Power BI on the iPhone PowerApps application. 

I can access Power BI tiles on web version of Power Apps. However, when I try to reach the Power BI tiles on iPhone. App tell me to sign-in, however when I click the sign-in there is no action on the screen. Therefore, I cannot sign-in to BI.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Cannot sign in to Power BI on Power Apps

Hi @alvert ,

I've made a similar test but not met the same problem like your description.

When I firstly open the app in my phone device, the app ask for powerbi permission, I click "Allow".

Then powerbi tile works good in my app. Just need some time to load.

My phone system: ios13.3

Please check whether your device meet the requirements:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config

If the problem still exists, please ask for help here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

I have the same problem. PowerBI signin not working inside PowerApp when accessing from mobile.
Highlighted

Did you ever resolve this as I have the same issue...

Highlighted

Hello @chiggo ,

I contacted with Microsoft Customer Service member. Then I updated the Power Apps application on my iPhone, it fixed my problem.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi @alvert ,

I am having exactly the same issue that you had on different devices:

iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, iPhone 11, Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018).

Absolutely no luck, reinstalled PowerApps application from AppStore/Play Market. Republished our application - no luck at all. Just seeing the sign in button and nothing happens when I click on it.

Could you tell in more details, what actions did you take with MS Customer Service to update the PowerApps applications to make it work?
Thanks!

Highlighted

the problem occurs when linking a report url instead of a PowerBI tiles.images.jpeg

Screenshot_20200612-095408_Power Apps.jpg

:////// helppppppp @v-yutliu-msft @v-xida-msft @v-micsh-msft 

Thanks ❤️

Highlighted

Any update on this issue.

Highlighted

I also hace the same problem. I've tried using PowerApps but it's the same problem with Dynamics 365 mobile layout (in my case the power bi is embedded in a model driven app). Any news?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I spent like 2-3 weeks with MS tech support, we had a few Teams conference calls and deep dives into the problem with MS Support.

To make a long story short, the PBI tiles in PA should be embedded using the dashboard tiles from Power BI (don't get confused with Pinned Page on dashboard or Power BI reports). In other words, you can only pin tiles one by one on a dashboard within power bi and then implement them in PowerApps using the Power BI controller.

Literally that's the only officially supported way from MS. All other working deployments are unreliable and can suddenly fail at any time. MS PowerBI and PowerApps teams know that this integration scenario sucks in many ways (hard to implement, very slow performance, etc. ), and sometime later they will release a new PowerBI controller for PowerApps. But we don't know when.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,439)