cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Cannot turn on search on combo box with CDS Option set items

I'm trying to add CDS Option set of US States to a combo box because I want to make it searchable but for some reason when I try to turn on search by either flipping the Allow Search button or setting IsSearchable= true, the control is setting it back to false on it's own.

For the items property of the combo box box I'm using Choices('US States') US States is the option set name in CDS

2 REPLIES 2
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue with pretty much the same list. I have a CDS Entity field with a custom option set for US states and territories and the IsSearchable property won't stay on "true". It's staying on true for all of the other drop downs on my form that need to be searchable. All of the other help article solutions seem to focus on the data source as the problem (as in they're using a SharePoint list instead of an option set). My list has 59 items on it.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi@Edrei1,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to make the option sets allow searching within the Combo Box?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario, do you generate the app based on the entity?

I have a test to reproduce your scene and the issue is confirmed on my side.

So far as I know, "Allow searching" is disabled by default if the Combo Box is populated with the Option set from CDS.

I also have already tested that the other data types from SharePoint and One Drive work great with the Combo Box. Even that I put a simple Table within the Items property of the Combo Box as follows, it works great with the "Allow searching".

["1","2","3"]

search2.png

If you generate the app based on the entity, you could see that the SearchFields and DisplayFields are set to ["Value"] by default.

And for the SearchField, you even could not change it. It is grey and disabled.search3.png

In a word, you could not use the Searchable function for the Combo Box populated with the Option set.

If you don't have a compelling need for CDS, you might consider using SharePoint as your data source.

Currently, "Allow searching" for the Option set within the Combo Box is not supported in PowerApps.

If you would like this feature to be improved within PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Hope it could help.

Best Regards,

Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (37,982)