cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
ebDev
Frequent Visitor

Cannot update Dynamics data source

Hello All,

I have been trying top update records within a Dynamics data source. However, when I attempt to update a business required field, nothing happens. optional fields (such as psa_name below) are updated without any issues.

UpdateIf(Hours, HoursId = timeSheetGalllery.Selected.HoursId, {psa_project: ProjectSelectDropdown_1.Selected,
psa_item: projectItemDropdown_1.Selected,
psa_name: editDescription.Text,
psa_internalnote: editInternalNote.Text,
psa_case: caseSelectDropdown_1.Selected

})
Above is my current update method. I have tried to do the same thing using the Patch function as well and the result is the same as my current UpdatIf function.

Additional Information
These are the data types within the UpdatIf function
psa_project :record type (business required)
psa_item: record type (business required)
psa_name: text (optional)
psa_InternalNote: text (optional)
psa_case:record type (business required)

Thank you in advance for any help. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ebDev ,

Could you please share a bit more about the Record type column in your D365 Entity?

Do you mean that the "Record" type column in your SP list could not be updated using Patch function or UpdateIf function?

Further, could you please share a screenshot about your app's configuration?

 

I could not find the Record data type within D365 Entity, do you mean the LookUp type column? I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please take a try with the following workaround:10.JPG

 

11.JPG

The DataCardValue8 is a ComboBox control within my app, set the Items property to following:

Choices(Tasks.crba2_Referenced_Task_Task)   /* <-- Referenced_Task is the LookUp column in my Tasks Entity */

Set the OnSelect property of the "Update" button to following:

Patch(
Tasks,
BrowseGallery1.Selected,
{
Referenced_Task: DataCardValue8.Selected
}
)

 

 

On your side, I assume that the psa_projectpsa_item and psa_case column are both LookUp type columns in your Hours Entity. Please make sure the Items property of the ProjectSelectDropdown_1 to following:

Choices(Hours.prefix_psa_project_Hour)

Please make sure the Items property of the projectItemDropdown_1 to following:

Choices(Hours.prefix_psa_item_Hour)

Please make sure the Items property of the caseSelectDropdown_1 to following:

Choices(Hours.prefix_psa_case_Hour) 

Note: The prefix_psa_project_Hour, prefix_psa_item_Hour, ... represents the Display Name of LookUp column within your app.

 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ebDev ,

Could you please share a bit more about the Record type column in your D365 Entity?

Do you mean that the "Record" type column in your SP list could not be updated using Patch function or UpdateIf function?

Further, could you please share a screenshot about your app's configuration?

 

I could not find the Record data type within D365 Entity, do you mean the LookUp type column? I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please take a try with the following workaround:10.JPG

 

11.JPG

The DataCardValue8 is a ComboBox control within my app, set the Items property to following:

Choices(Tasks.crba2_Referenced_Task_Task)   /* <-- Referenced_Task is the LookUp column in my Tasks Entity */

Set the OnSelect property of the "Update" button to following:

Patch(
Tasks,
BrowseGallery1.Selected,
{
Referenced_Task: DataCardValue8.Selected
}
)

 

 

On your side, I assume that the psa_projectpsa_item and psa_case column are both LookUp type columns in your Hours Entity. Please make sure the Items property of the ProjectSelectDropdown_1 to following:

Choices(Hours.prefix_psa_project_Hour)

Please make sure the Items property of the projectItemDropdown_1 to following:

Choices(Hours.prefix_psa_item_Hour)

Please make sure the Items property of the caseSelectDropdown_1 to following:

Choices(Hours.prefix_psa_case_Hour) 

Note: The prefix_psa_project_Hour, prefix_psa_item_Hour, ... represents the Display Name of LookUp column within your app.

 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,686)