cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
illmatic_one
Helper II
Helper II

Cannot use Char() Function for Line Break in Model App

I am trying to create a custom page in a Model Driven App.  For some reason, Char(10) nor Char(13) are working to place line breaks in a text label.   There is no HtmlText editor available in the custom page of a Model Driven App.   I saw that apparently this was fixed in version 3.21035.34, but the version I am using is 3.22081.14 and the issue is still present.

Is there any other way to have line breaks in text fields in model driven apps?

6 REPLIES 6
StretchFredrik
Super User
Super User

Can you Shift+Enter to create a new row?

This

Yes.. and actually I can see in the Properties pane that the Text value does actually register the Char() function (and Shift and entering).   In the textbox next to Text, it displays my text on multiple lines.  But on the actual screen, everything is rendered on one single line.

Do Model Apps not allow multiple lines of text in label fields, even if they are in custom pages?

StretchFredrik
Super User
Super User

Im not sure but i found this online, and it seems to be working according to that post:

"Line 1" & "
" & "Line 2"

Yeah, that's the same post I came across and that didn't work for me where the image is rendered.   Here is what I see when I do any tactics of trying to get a line break.  Note, the screen rendering shows everything on one line, however, the Text property shows things as I intend to have them display.   In this example, I am using the Char(10) function and the Shift + Enter for a line break.

screencapture-make-gov-powerapps-us-e-94ce0001-1f4e-4e33-8409-0e310abf364b-canvas-2022-08-17-08_46_51.png

StretchFredrik
Super User
Super User

I mean you could always split the parts into 2 different labels, its not pretty but maybe thats the best solution when the other solutions dont work.

Yeah, this isn't actually the label that I need to have multiple lines.  There is a large chunk of text and a bulleted list that needs to go under it which will need to scroll, and I had trouble with that text because it was all one wrapped paragraph which was pretty bad.  

I'm assuming the reason has to do with perhaps the TextRole property in the Model Driven App.  Labels are only allowed to be headings and I'm sure PowerApps is treating it as a block.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,852)