cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_wllms
Frequent Visitor

Cannot view Multi-page form in SharePoint after save

Hello,

I created a 3 page PowerApps form in SharePoint and each page is made up of multiple forms. I had to use multiple forms because of the way that the user wanted the layout of the form. The issue that I am having is that when the user saves the form, if they want to go back and edit they cannot view the content, it shows up blank even through the list item isn't empty.

I tried to use the following articles as a reference but I couldn't get it to work:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/separate-custom-forms/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/sharepoint-form-integration

The issue I am also having is that when the edit form is filled out it does not reflect on the view form I created for it. 

What could I be doing wrong or where can I go to get an example on how to accomplish this in PowerApps in a SharePoint list?

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Please check to see if the following property is configured properly:

on SharePointIntegration control:

OnNew - Set(SharePointFormMode, "CreateForm"); NewForm(CreateItemForm); Navigate(CreateScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

OnEdit - Set(SharePointFormMode, "EditForm"); EditForm(EditItemForm); Navigate(EditScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

OnView - Set(SharePointFormMode, "ShowForm"); ViewForm(ShowItemForm); Navigate(ShowScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

Specially for the OnEdit and the OnView.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-micsh-msft,

I copied and pasted the code below but I still get the same issue. Here is more information about the form I created. I have three screens and each screen has up to two seperate forms. The first two forms are filled out by default and the department form shows up only if a certain department is selected (not all departments have a checklist).

Given the setup below. Is this possible using PowerApps in SharePoint or can I only have one form per page? I am able to submit everything successfully. It is after the form is submitted that I have issues because you cannot view or edit the information. 

EmployeeInfoScreenEmployeeInfoScreenOnboardingChecklistScreenOnboardingChecklistScreen

This final screen is my test view screen and it is called ShowScreen and the top form is called ShowItemForm. I created this as a test to see if your suggestion would work.

OnView - Set(SharePointFormMode, "ShowForm"); ViewForm(ShowItemForm); Navigate(ShowScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

ShowScreenShowScreen

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (3,873)