cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NurNina
Level: Powered On

Cannot view pop out image

Hi, I have a table of product. when the user click on the id, the product image will pop out. i have managed to do so. unfortunately, other user cannot view the product image, even when I already have shared the data source.what might be the problem here and any solution?

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Cannot view pop out image

Hey @NurNina 

Can you share more details about this? Also, what is the datasource used to get this image? Please make sure that the other users have appropriate permission on the data source and they have created connection to all the required connectors in the application. If you can share more details with a few screenshots, we might be able to help you better.

Hope this helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @NurNina ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario? Which data source do you use within your app?

Where do you store your product image? Using SP Library?

I assume that you use SP Library to store the product images, is it true? If you use SP Library to store your Product images, I think this issue is related to it.

Actually, it is an known issue within PowerApps -- Pictures that need authentication on SharePoint are not supported yet in published app or PowerApps Mobile App.

Please check the following thread for more details:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PowerApps-Formerly/Share-point-pictures-can-not-be-seen...

As an alternative solution, you could consider use a Excel table (hosted in your OneDrive folder) to store the product images. More details about storing images in Excel table, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/tutorial-working-with-images-in-excel

In addition, if you want to still display SP Library images within your app, I think the thumbnail images functionality would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/View-thumbnail-images-of-List-Item-Attachments-o...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
NurNina
Level: Powered On

I actually store the image in excel, onedrive just like the example in 
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/tutorial-working-with-images-in-excel

I can view the pictures but other user cannot even when I already shared the files with him.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @NurNina 

The issue here is with the path reference for the file. Since these files are uploaded by you, so they are available at the path mentioned in the excel sheet, but for other users, these files will be in a Shared folder, which is not available at the absolute path passed in the excel. If you have pass a url of the images that is available to all the users, this issue will be resolved.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,895)