Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerappsMax
Helper III
Helper III

Canva Apps Offline

Hello, 

I have a canvas app that has built-in offline capabilities using the "Connection. Connected" formula. I am struggling to see why this would work/help as when a device is offline I am seemingly unable to even get into the canvas app. This functionality is critical to a project I am working on and I am wondering if anyone has any insight into a resolution to this problem. Would the new Power Apps mobile app creation feature solve this? Hoping someone has run into similar problems!

Reach out with any feedback or advice!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

In general a Power App has to be loaded while in an online state to access data and authentication.  Once its done that it can be taken offline.  It will need to be brought back online periodically to refresh security tokens and synchronize data. But that can be as infrequently as once every 30 days.  If you are on a mobile device and the app was started at some point you should be able to start the app from the mobile client even if you are currently offline.  But you do have to be online to load the app the first time.  I'm not sure what you mean by the "new Power Apps mobile app creation feature" But I don't expect that it would change this basic behavior.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

In general a Power App has to be loaded while in an online state to access data and authentication.  Once its done that it can be taken offline.  It will need to be brought back online periodically to refresh security tokens and synchronize data. But that can be as infrequently as once every 30 days.  If you are on a mobile device and the app was started at some point you should be able to start the app from the mobile client even if you are currently offline.  But you do have to be online to load the app the first time.  I'm not sure what you mean by the "new Power Apps mobile app creation feature" But I don't expect that it would change this basic behavior.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,853)